Friday, September 14, 2012

bringin' sexy-slingbacks back! yeah!

Let's rewind five years back.. are we back there yet? The year was.. 2007. When high-waisted shorts were the coolest thing ever or having anything belted at the waist made you look fashionable. When Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton were on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Australia. When parker jackets, Dr. Martins was the "New Look". When thick chunks of platforms and wedges seemed a bit odd and confusing - yet we eventually adapted to live and breathe them, but then now we complain about the pain.. and flatforms are now our friends. And when sexy slingback heels were just getting the kick out of the shoe closet into the unwanted bin.
Yes, remember these slingback heels?
'Nadya' - House of Harlow 1960

I'm not hating on them. I do/did own one or two most likely - bare in mind I was 15 at the time. Let's just say they are not my go-to heels if I were to be heading on a night out. But I think I have fallen for her sister.. the thinner, sexier version (okay, that may have just sounded terrible. I was not meant to imply thin is sexier). But you know which one I am talking about.. the one with the one slim strip just before the toes - which shows most of your feet.

Vionnet; Python Alexandre Birman; Vampanodo Christian Louboutin
Fidella, Rose, Vance Herve Leger

Sexy? Yes please. It's like a "side-boob" but on your feet. If you still think it's tacky.. that's fine. I love it!! +plus the stiletto is an added bonus of sexiness that the wedge will never have. And who doesn't love a little bit of peeping the toes.. you can show off that new polish! It's very work appropriate too, as though you are not too out there trying to make a statement with the chunky wedge nor are you being boring with the closed toe-point heel.

Now how did I possibly, suddenly fell head over heels (pun intended) for these?! Miss Gomez will take the credit for this new obsession. Where? During this year's Teen Choice Awards
First of all, she wore this gorgeous, sexy bright pink skate-type dress. Then my eyes wondered down and saw the gorgeous Herve Legers... 

I know what shoes I will be wearing tomorrow night! My year-12 formal heels ;)
Thank you Selena.

No comments:

Post a Comment